Tuesday, February 15, 2022

As Easy as 1,2,3: 2

 The next most logical thing to make from the pale pink, slightly heathered rib knit was a turtleneck

I combined the body and collar of New Look 6068, and used 6068's sleeve to modify the sleeve from Stretch & Sew F832, since that had worked well on a shirt I made last month.

I really should trace off this pattern, since the views still available in my size and the views cut years ago in much smaller sizes have to be combined to get a non-scoop neckline, and it's easy for errors to creep in when doing that on the fly. (Plus the whole sleeve situation.)

So the neckline is a bit larger than expected, but there are no rules about turtleneck fit, so it works.

I double stitched the cuffs and hems, thinking about maybe someday having a coverstitch machine.

And the back, showing off some of the accidental neckline weirdness.

Not worrying about it.

So that's two projects from the 4 yards of 60" fabric.


No comments:

Post a Comment