Tuesday, February 15, 2022

As Easy as 1,2,3: 1

 When I found this fabric in the Walmart precut bin, I knew I wanted to make a pair of sewn tights from it.

I cut them out a few days ago and finally sewed them yesterday:

I made some effort to fold things straight when I cut them out (using the pattern I made by tracing off a pair of commercially-made sewn tights I have), but I sewed with no regard for aligning lining anything.

Say it along with me: no-one's gonna be looking this close, so it's fine.

I sewed everything with a narrow zigzag, then serged the seam allowances for extra security.

The elastic was applied in my favorite method of zigzagging the top edge of the elastic to near the inside of the top edge of the waist, stretching everything to fit, then folding that to the inside and zigzagging along that same edge (now at the bottom) while stretching everything.  I also serged that top edge before folding it to the inside, just to make it harder to take apart if needed make it look a tiny bit more finished. 



No picture of the back, because it looks just like the front, except for the little bit of double stitching at the back center.

Sewing tights is so fast, I really should do it more! (or at  least as "more" as possible within the limits of the fabric I have access to.  I probably have more two way stretch than I realize in my stash...)

And this post is part one of three because this "perfect for sewn tights" fabric was in a 4 yard for $4 precut, so I had plenty more to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment