Monday, February 6, 2023

Check Tank

 ...and then I used the rest of the fabric from the previous shirt to make a tank top

New Look 6068 again, with contrast bands at the neckline and arm openings, like the recent floral tank. I cut the bands 2½" wide by 12" long for the arm openings and around 19" long for the neckband.  The arm opening bands worked fine, but the neckband band could probably be a little longer still (I cut it at 18" in the previous two scoop neck versions.)

I did put the other needle (the left needle) into my serger and did the main construction seams there.

I did not apply the bands on the serger, because they still feel too fiddly to do without lots of pins.  I still finished the band seam allowances with the serger.

Bottom hem same as always, folding with the magnetic seam guide to keep the stitch depth even, then sewing again to the left to make a mock cover stitch appearance on the outside.

Center back seam, of course--better for fit and also better for squeezing shirts out of limited yardage (when needed.)

I think I'm getting low on cotton (and cotton-y) knits now.  I'll dig around in the stash tomorrow to see if there's anything else I can use for the basic T-shirts that I have been rather unsuccessful in making recently.


No comments:

Post a Comment