Thursday, February 9, 2023

Just Another T

Another no-frills T-shirt made from New Look 6068 and the sleeves from Kwik Sew 303

I used the last large pieces of this fabric, after previously using it for a sweatshirt, a cardigan, and a tank top (and some doll clothes.)  There wasn't enough fabric left to be choosy about print placement.

Since there's nothing really new about the way I made this, the neckline top stitching and sleeve "two rows of stitching to mimic a cover stitch" hem are in one photo together.

I did the main construction on the serger and stitched the neckband with the lockstitch machine, because I still don't feel like I could attach that without all the pins needed to hold things while I stretch and sew.  (Maybe it's time to get fabric clips...?)

I did not serge the raw edges of the sleeves or lower edge before hemming.

Had to skip the center back seam due to fabric limitations, too


Oh!  I did finally trace off the basic shirt pattern in size 10, so that helps make things go a little faster when cutting it all out.  I traced the scoop neck view, so I still have to cobble together the crew neck shapes from various other pattern pieces, but those are some that I cut out long long ago--the overall size would probably be too small for me, but it's easy enough to lay it on top of the scoop neck view to get the shape I want. (Still...maybe...maybe someday, I might trace a crew neck version so I don't have to line things up on the fly.  Maybe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment