Saturday, February 11, 2023

Blended Tee

 I really do plan to sew fewer things this year than I did last year. It's just that...these T-shirts are really easy to sew, and are things I've wanted to make for a while, so I'm riding this T-shirt wave until either the available appropriate fabric--or the T-shirt sewing motivation--gets used up.

And this version of New Look 6068 (again with Kwik Sew 303 sleeves) shows that the definition of appropriate fabric is flexible--no, not switching to overwhelmingly synthetic fabrics, but instead to...scraps!

The obvious thing different about the construction of this one is that various fabric pieces were serged together before cutting the pattern pieces.  How much of what went where was determined by however much of each fabric was left.

The main reason I've been making these T-shirts is for layering under other clothes in winter, so the most that will probably be visible on this is the neckband

Construction details are all the usual

The center back horizontal seams aren't perfectly aligned at the center back seam, because I have not yet figured out how to lock layers in place as they go through the serger--oh.  Just realized: quick little hand stitch should work.  Cool.  For the future.

There's one more fabric I definitely want to make into another T-shirt before I'd have to get even more creative with my stash and/or the motivation says "we're good."


No comments:

Post a Comment