Monday, February 13, 2023

Fleur de Lys Tee

 Oh, look, it's another New Look 6068/Kwik Sew 303 hybrid T-shirt

 

 

 I made a similar shirt, about...ah...16 years ago.  Here's a picture of it from almost 10 years ago

The main difference is that one had puff sleeves, which I didn't want for this one because the whole point of all the T-shirts I've been making lately is layering, and that one was probably longer, which...I probably could have been making the current shirts longer, too.

The fabric was one of my last great finds from the old Walmart by-the-yard $1-$2/yard mill end bolt bins.

I still have about three yards of it.

I still don't have a thread that matches really well, but this reddish purple is good enough.

I have gone back to offsetting the neckband seam from one shoulder seam, instead of aligning it with the center back seam.

Sleeves and waistband once again finished with two rows of stitching to mimic the appearance of a coverstitch

All construction seams were again done on the serger, with the left needle thread swapped to red.

But I still haven't convinced myself to sew the neckband with the serger (because of all the pins I use to make sure things are distributed evenly), so that was sewn on the lockstitch machine, then the seam allowances serged before doing the edge stitching.

Center back seam, nothing pressed, business as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment