Thursday, August 11, 2022

And a Shirt for Me from the Leftovers

 As when I was making the cut sew tights from the 2 yard mill end pre-cuts earlier this year, there was a significant amount of fabric left over from making the kiddo's pants in the previous post.

So I made another little shirt for me

New Look 6068, view C; deviated from the pattern expectations by sewing size 10, so the finished item would have negative ease, and finished the neckline and sleeves with bands of ribbing.

I mean, they're the same ribbing used for the rest of the shirt.  You know what I mean.

Not sure if I'm happy with the sleeve band ribbing.  It could have been more snug, but it also ended up creating a lot of bulk at the under sleeve seam, even with the seam ends trimmed at angles.  I couldn't tell if the bulk will be annoying, or of that feeling was an effect of trying this on over the shirt I was already wearing.  That probably made at least a bit of a difference.

I constructed this on the regular sewing machine and serged all seam allowances purely for appearance's sake.  I managed to limit top stitching to the shoulder seams and around the neckband, so no faux coverstitch two lines of stitching at the hem--which I did press before stitching, though!

This was a quick and easy project of the type I had been getting away from.  Is it spectacular?  No.  Will it go well with something I have made or will make that's considerably more eye-catching? Very probably, and it'll be nice to have it ready to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment