Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Charcoal Pants

 We walked past the aisle where the Walmart mill end pre-cuts are, and I glanced over, not expecting to see anything--and saw that the bins were once again full.  I detoured over and poked quickly through everything, choosing a piece of hounds tooth double knit for me and two rolls of what was obviously the same knit in different colors to make more things for the kiddo.

I started with another pair of sweatpants, this time in charcoal

As with the last pants I made for him from New Look 6766, I started with view C in size 10 and flattened out all the curves and flares.

I also lined the pocket pieces with the athletic jersey knit (what's left over is not large enough to use for this again)

However, I did not press the edges of the pockets before sewing them to the pants legs.

The result isn't optimum, but it's done, and no-one better be looking close enough to see when tehse are being worn.

I used self fabric instead of ribbing, since it has a lot of stretch.

It also has a lot of fuzzy inside--I wouldn't even say, necessarily, that the side I used for the face is meant to be the face, but I thought the kiddo would appreciate the fuzzy fluffy inside when it's cold

And, hooray, I was able to serge this fabric!  I didn't need to, but I wanted to, and this fabric was not as serger-thwartingly-thick as the previous projects' green fabric, so I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment