Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Tiny headphone fix

 The kiddo has taken possession of my old MP3 player, since he likes music and ~retro tech~.  He also does not like things in his ears, so he uses an old(er) set of headphones, and the foam padding on them was starting to fall apart, so I made low-effort replacements


I used one of the original foam covers as a pattern to cut the new shapes from a fabric that's more or less a really thin polar fleece (something I'd acquired for doll use) and just zigzagged thin elastic around the edges--no measuring, just pulling it taught as I sewed.  I also left the green thread in the machine from the previous (and next) project.  If the kiddo notices, he'll probably think it's funny.

It's not as cushiony as the foam pieces are (I do still have them), but I was concerned that a thicker, fluffier fabric might start to alter the sound quality, and the kiddo is discerning enough to notice things like that (which is why he's using these beat up old Sony headphones instead of the newer no-name headphones from when he was younger)

No comments:

Post a Comment