Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Cayenne Pants

 The previous post mentioned buying two Walmart mill end pre-cuts that were different colors of the same fabric, and here are the pants made from the other color

 
 
 Other than the color, these are made exactly like the previous pants (including using the same dark gray thread), using New Look 6766 view C modified for the tall thin child.
 

I forgot to mention in the previous post, that I made the waistband narrower and inserted only one piece of elastic, instead of the two pieces I had been using before (to make up for the fact that the pattern calls for 1½" elastic, while I have loads of ¾" elastic to use instead.)


Since I had used up most of the gray athletic knit, I rummaged around and ended up using a dark pine green ripstop. Again, nothing got ironed, so the turned edges aren't crisp.

These pants are sorta...secret pumpkin colors.

I used the same fabric for the cuff ribbing, which I suppose I should mention is made from a rectangle of 11" x 5" fabric, since the pattern doesn't have pants cuffs.


Fluffy fuzzy serged interior.

Even more than the charcoal color of this fabric (which is also ever so slightly heathered), this one felt like the fluffy side was meant to be the face, in a sort of faux suede kind of way.  Maybe I'll use that as the face if I ever use left over bits for doll clothes.  If.  For now, the kiddo gets another pair of fluffy warm pants.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment