Saturday, April 20, 2024

A Smattering of Doll Sewing

While I am also sewing a stack of doll clothes to sell, I have also sewn some random things for my own dolls

 This dress used up all of the remaining larger scraps of what was left from this shirt

And this one was also made with leftovers from a modified Burda 7831

And...y'know what? So was  this one, with scraps from this (which was itself made from what was left after making this)  The difference here is the flocked spiderweb sheet tricot.

This one was made with fabric from a damaged sequin shirt I thrifted for 99¢ specifically to use for doll clothes.

The above dolls are Barbie and Blythe/Rainbow High size, which is my preferred size range.  I got out of my comfort zone to sew something smaller for this gal 

I made Ken's pants a while ago, but the shirt is from yesterday.  The body uses some synthetic knit that was originally pale yellow, until I put it briefly into a pot of diluted peacock green Rit Dyemore.

And, finally, a shirt I made for a silly custom doll I put together this week.  When combined with the mass-produced Ken pants and sneakers, he has a rather Hanna-Barbera vibe, I think. (the sleeves are long enough, I just preferred the rolled-cuff look)




No comments:

Post a Comment