Saturday, April 20, 2024

Wash Bag

There has been a small pile of relatively delicate garments accumulating on my dresser that I have not wanted to hand wash.  They are all too large for the lingerie bag I have, so of course my solution was to make a larger bag myself.

I did not have suitable fabric, so I kept an eye on the Walmart mill-end precut selection, and it recently turned up a weird synthetic mesh-y fabric that seemed good enough.  Bonus that it was 2 yards for $4.

The only thought I put into the zipper choice was "which one is long enough and in a color I can probably live without having available in the future", with the cotton print picked for similar reasons.

I have already washed one sweater and have a lace-sleeved shirt and a sequin-covered shirt in it waiting for the next laundry day.  One more sweater after that and I'll have that small pile of relatively delicate clothes taken care of.

Of course I'm not sure what I'll do with the rest of this fabric.  Yes, I had initially thought of making several large delicate wash bags, but I realized that I honestly don't need more than one.  I tried making a pair of capri-length leggings, cutting on the cross grain so I could use the nice edge of the fabric as the cuff.  It...wasn't stretchy enough to work out.  Enh, I'll think of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment