Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Leopard Leopard

Nearly ten years a go, I made a cute little shirt that mixed a floral and leopard print.  Alas, "little" is more than a term of endearment and I let it go about five years ago, when I finally accepted I was not the size I used to be.

A few years after I made the floral and leopard shirt, I made a spoopy spiders and leopard shirt for a friend.

I decided it was finally time to make an entire shirt from what I had left.

It's another hacked Burda 7831, with a two part collar borrowed from McCall's 7575.  Looks like it's the ninth one of those I've made since last summer, so it's a fairly familiar process now.

There was more than enough of the fabric left that I didn't need to use any contrast fabric to make up for anything.  (And there's enough left that I may be able to again use it as a contrast in the future.)

I never had any thought of using anything but fake horn buttons.  They nearly disappear into the print.  And of course I sewed them on with the machine, but at least I convinced myself that I only needed to bring the thread tails to the back and tie them off (followed by Fabritack) instead of wrapping the slack first.  Not sure if I'll ever trust the "secure by stitching in place before and after zigzagging on the buttons" process to actually secure anything, so simply tying, followed by gluing, is probably as simple as I'll get.  I don't like hand sewing buttons.

As always, I pressed the edges of everything before starting construction, so the sleeve hems were ready to go after sewing the seams, no need to wrangle the entire shirt around the sleeve board.

Taking advantage of that black serger thread.

And the back!


Nothing of note, but I hadn't taken back view photos for a while, so here we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment