Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Misdirected Cinch

 So I reduced the depth of the folds I'd made to reduce the size of the previous cincher attempt and jumped right in to making the next one, using an odd thrifted rayon? cotton? nylon? blend brocade fabric that burned in a very interesting way that maybe someday I'll understand.

And I went ahead and got a tiny bit fancy, adding a loop of bias tape to hold a clip to hang shiny things

By now the construction of these was very easy...although looking at this picture now, I can see that the bias tape at the top of the zipper isn't the most even. I'm placing that in my normal "I acknowledge the issue, but no-one's ever going to get close enough to notice" category.

The bias tape loop could have been placed closer to the center--maybe even aligned with the top of that angled seam--but it's not ~off~ that I feel like picking out the bias stitching and moving the loop over.

I was still placing the fabric strip inside the center back seam to get top stitching symmetry on this one.  I think this was the last one I did that on.

The lining is a cotton chintz, more yardage left over from a previous project.  The strength layer is some interior decorating weight fabric I'd gotten from a different destashing friend, who I believe had gotten it from the creative re-use store where I got the copy of Simplicity 5006 that's responsible for all of this.  And I had put that int dec fabric in a bag of fabric to donate to that same creative re-use store--it wasn't until I got to this project that it occurred to me to look through that bag for appropriate fabrics I wouldn't mind hiding.

I felt like the fit on this was pretty good, but I had one more waist cincher idea i wanted to make before trying to translate the adjustments back to a full-length bustier attempt.


No comments:

Post a Comment