Sunday, September 10, 2023

Cool Splat T-shirt

 After cutting the previous project, there was a large(ish) piece of fabric left that was just enough to eke out a little T-shirt for me.

It's New Look 6068 again, a mash up of the neckline from the turtleneck view, the armscyes from the scoop neck view, the center back seam from the narrow shoulder view, sleeves from Kwik•Sew 303, and the neckband from...erm...I don't remember.  It all worked.

I had enough ribbing left after making the sweatshirt, but I decided to do a self fabric neckband, since it's very stretchy.

Construction again was on the lock stitch machine, with the serger cleaning up the seam allowances.

I could have serged the edges of the sleeves and waist hem before folding and stitching them, but I didn't. It's a little rough inside, but this is the last time anyone will look at that, probably.

The length of the sleeves was determined entirely by the amount of fabric left, so they're extra short, but not noticeably so.

I did have to reverse the direction of the print on the back, but I don't think it's too obvious on a casual glance, just like it's not too obvious that the print is offset instead of aligned across that center back seam (some of which originally had an irregular seam allowance, due to how little fabric was left.)

I didn't think I would make anything from this for me when I picked it out, but T-shirts are always useful.



No comments:

Post a Comment