Thursday, April 27, 2023

Wool Slip Fix

 So a few weeks ago, I made a slip jumper from bias cut subtly plaid wool.  It fit very strangely.

I realized it was because the facing was not cut on the bias, and that led to...ah...unflattering compression at the bust.

So I decided I had nothing to lose by cutting the facing very short, cutting the top of the lining to match the contour of this new facing edge, then sewing them back together

This way, the facing is still there cut on-grain for stability, but doesn't extend over body parts that need the kinds of contours that on-grain fabric doesn't offer so easily.

The lining got a lot shorter, so I picked out the lining's hem, which regained a lot of length, and just serged it.


It's not beautiful, but it just might actually get worn.

No comments:

Post a Comment