Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Carbuncle Again

 This time, I made a pattern.

It's not a good pattern but, if I want to keep trying to make Carbuncles, the pattern will give me a starting point for future changes, and oh, does it need changes, because I very much overcompensated.

I drafted the pattern pieces based on how much fabric I had, left over from the collar of a coat I made a few years ago.  The thrifted fabric is a sort of chenille wool felt?  It has a very "overpriced 1990s teddy bear" essence.

After I sewed everything together, I realized the legs were too long, so I turned them inside-out, cut off a bit, and re-sewed them.  You can see the line I drew on the pattern, using the cut-off pieces as a guide.  If I had realized the legs were so long to begin with, I could have shortened them on the pattern and lengthened the forehead area, because, as it is...yeah.

I left the upper back seam open to turn and stuff, and it's mostly stuffed with the rest of the chenille wool felt (the ears have polyester batting.)  It's entirely possible some moth family is going to be very happy with this, sometime in the unknown future.


I think I need to move the tail up, too, if I do revisit this.  Will I revisit this?  Right now, I'm ready to move on to another project, but who knows what the future holds.  (Hopefully not clothes moths.)


No comments:

Post a Comment