Saturday, April 8, 2023

Carbuncle Again...Again

 So last night I picked apart the second Carbuncle's face and tried changing some things.

Structurally, I cut the upper piece in half to make a seam so the forehead would be narrower when it was sewn, then changed the lower center front seam to be the same width to match.

I pressed the knit used for the mouth, then used fusible webbing to attach heavy embroidery stabilizer to the back.  I trimmed the curved edges, both because I realized the mouth should be smaller and also  because the original edge was in rough shape after having the zigzagging removed.

It was very awkward to sew the mouth back on, since the overall body was still sewn.  The first round of zigzagging went badly; I left that in place, so I wouldn't need to deal with straight pins again, while I went around the mouth edge more carefully.

There are still a lot of problems--as well as some new problems, caused largely by not even thinking about the possibility of the replaced mouth not aligning with the "can't move them, there're holes in the fabric" eyes--but I think the little changes helped a lot



No comments:

Post a Comment