Friday, April 22, 2022

In the Cards

 I decided to make a new mask a few days ago

It's the mask pattern from Craft Passion, that I added a bit of height to for Husband's masks...then forgot about that extra bit when I made this mask for me.  That means this mask has...very full coverage on my face.

As with the other masks I've made from this pattern, the lining is a high thread count sheet, and there's a layer of heavy duty embroidery stabilizer inside.

 I used elastic for the behind-the-head straps, while my previous adult masks have used ties.  I'm still getting used to putting this mask on.

The vintage cartomancy print fabric was a gift, which very unfortunately has offensive fortune teller stereotypes scattered between the cards.  I had kept the fabric with the sole intention of possibly using the cards for appliqués, so I was happy to discover that I could fussy cut the mask pieces to avoid the people in the print.

And I was even happier when I realized I could get the Friendly Warning cards onto the mask. (and even more amused when I looked up what the Queen of Diamonds means in cartomancy, and..."friendly" is not it.)


No comments:

Post a Comment