Sunday, April 17, 2022

Switch It Up

 I do have another buttoned shirt cut out and ready to sew, but I made a slight diversion today to sew a quick protective case for our Nintendo Switch

This is a super basic zip bag, with the outside made of a vintage mass-produced machine-quilted sheer tricot that screams Early 1970s, and lined with a proper lining fabric.  There was enough batting left from the unusable edge of the quilted piece to add as another layer behind the lining.

I cut the fabric by laying the Switch on it and cutting with approximate width for seam allowances, using the pattern of the quilting as a cutting guide. 

I initially sewed the side seam allowances too wide, and the Switch didn't quite fit, so I re-sewed and picked a lot of stitches.  Now it's just right!

It's not a super robust item, but it's definitely more padding than the Switch would otherwise have when leaving the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment