Sunday, August 6, 2023

Quick Cat Kick

Years ago, I made a simple kick toy for my cats, and none of them had any interest in it.  I eventually realized that Neighborcat Tyler--this guy

had a very "grab and kick" play style, so I gave the kick toy to him, and he did very much play with it.

Until it disappeared off the front porch.  No clue what happened to it.  Possibly raccoon activity.

 

I finally decided to throw together a replacement.  I found a long strip of denim that I folded in half, stitched along the long edges, turned right-side out, stuffed with an odd cut of fake fur, then folded in and stitched the open end.


Tyler was hanging around on the front porch when I finished sewing this, so I took it out to see if he was interested.  He was!  It could stand to be more firmly stuffed, but he still happily kicked it even when it folded.

No comments:

Post a Comment