Friday, June 18, 2021

Put 'em together

 Part of why I worked quickly on the shirt in the previous post was so I could have something to wear with the skirt in the post before that


The skirt is a touch large, even with the shirt tucked in.  I'm still working on the abdominal bulge, so it's fine for now.  If I do make a noticeable change, it should be easy enough to deconstruct the skirt and make the front narrower before re-sewing...well, just about everything but the back seam--I said 'easy' but that doesn't exclude 'tedious.'  But!  I do think it will be worth it, because it's a good basic skirt, and not the first I've made from this cloth, so I know I'd get good use from it.


Helpful Assistant Chip.  (And, yep, my hair's long enough to mess around with rag curling again--this is the first time I've tried rag curling in years...definitely going for an extremely generic vintage angle and not a modern ~beachy waves~ style)


No comments:

Post a Comment