Thursday, June 10, 2021

Hostess Gift #2

 This was made to hold several other gifts, actually...

 

Visited Friend is another Halloween All Year kind of person, so I figured I'd make something to add to the aesthetic even if it didn't get used again.

The cloth feels like it has a very high polyester content, and the style the print is drawn in, as well as the limited and kinda weird color palette, all comes together to make me think that this fabric--which was a gift from someone--was probably a product of the 1990s.

And I do have more if it...

The bag construction is very simple, with no lining and all seams serged, and the top folded over twice to conceal the raw edges and stitched trough all layers around the bottom edge of the fold and again near the top edge of the bag, to give the strap attachment a perhaps unwarranted degree of strength and security.

I folded the lower corners and stitched across them at...whatever length it is from the edge of the needle plate to the needle on my machine, turned right-side out, and was done.


Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment