Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Finished it!

I haven't tried it on yet, but, everything's sewn that's supposed to be sewn.

Note to self:  Five layers of cotton is not really enough--INTERFACE THE PLACKET.  Next time.  At least I caught myself before I ended up making any buttonholes off-center, because I have learned that I cannot eyeball stuff.  Rulers are my friend.

I do want to make a skirt to go with this, because it seems like, whenever I make a shirt that does not match any skirts I have, and then I make a skirt to match the shirt, then that the skirt actually works well with other shirts I have...or might make...  Yeah, yeah, I know, that shouldn't seem as weird as it does to me.  This idea of "make things that might go with other things, as well as being useful for everyday wear" instead of  "HEY MAKE THIS BECAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE IT WILL BE KOOKY FUN!" is still a new and strange thing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment