Thursday, February 27, 2014

Oh, uh... Hi.

Still haven't sewn anything.  When I looked back at what I sewed last year, I didn't do anything until March, so this may be completely normal for me.  Looking forward to getting  more sunlight as the northern hemisphere slogs toward Spring.

"Not sewing right now" doesn't mean "not buying cloth right now," though...


 Found this lovely lightweight cotton in Goodwill this morning
2¾ yards, 35" wide, $1.99.  I have a strong suspicion that the local Goodwill stores have started pricing cloth by weight, so something like this gets a relatively low price and I buy it without hesitation. (And that 1 yard of mauve corduroy for $2.99 gets left on the hanger.)  The narrow width combined with the fact that the ends are torn instead of cut make me think this may be genuinely vintage.

Maybe it will be a shirt?  With that narrow width, that may be all there's enough to make.  Well, and, using whatever's left for doll clothes...

No comments:

Post a Comment