Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Busy with the sewing *room*

Husband and I decided to swap hobby rooms, exchanging  his gaming books in the odd bedroom upstairs for my sewing and doll stuff in the odd bedroom in the basement.  So now I don't have to be a basement hermit when I sew, yay.


Here's the sewing desk, cheerful by the window, although it's a north-facing window, so there won't ever be a lot of direct sunlight in here, which, ah, is good in terms of keeping things from fading...?  I'm not sure if I'll fill that currently-blank wall with pictures--I certainly have enough that I could fill it, either with lots of small or with one huge, but I kinda like the idea of having one wall not punctured with nail holes.  (There aren't many of those in his house *grin*)

Looking to the left of the space above, you'll see the door to the strangely-large closet and the old display shelves now holding my cloth:
Ooh, that's messy.  Um.  Well, the stuff stacked in front is all destined for eBay, so it will go away. Eventually.  On the other side of this closet is the dresser that holds all my doll-specific cloth, now crowned with the doll photo stage:
...and next to that, just visible at the left edge of the photo, is the file cabinet with my patterns and interfacing and ironing accessories. (On the right are the pictures I mentioned that could fill the blank walls...)

And, lessee, what else...  Oh, yeah, zippers and notions and extra machine feet and serger cones and the like are in various decorative boxes on the bookcases by the sewing machines, along with a few sewing books


but the eye tends not to be drawn to those.

So, now, all I need is to get over this nasty cold and actually want to sew again.  Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment