Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I'll sew something, eventually

In the meantime, I'll keep sporadically finding yard goods at Goodwill.

Like this:

Here's a more artistic view

I decided it was worth the splurge and paid a whole $2.99 for what ended up being 4 yards of 35"--definitely feels cotton-rich, might be 100% cotton with the polyester-y feel coming from the heaviness of the screen printing.  I initially thought it was a modern print with retro style, but the 35" width and the fact that the ends are  ripped instead of cut make me wonder if it might be honestly older.  It's in beautiful shape if it is.  There's no information on the selvedges.

I'll probably use most of it to make something for me, but the print's a good size to use for doll clothes, too...

And I finally finished repainting some dolls, so I was then finally able to clean the paint supplies off of my sewing table--like so:
...sooooo I have fewer excuses to not sew now.  And I did sew one doll dress yesterday!  I just...um...need to sew more...


No comments:

Post a Comment