Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Floral Tank

 A much quicker project this time: a simple tank top made with New Look 6068 and the Most Precious thrifted chintz cotton interlock

There was more than enough of this fabric left to make sleeves, and I intended to when I started cutting, but, once I  got the front cut, my Vision™ for it resolved into a tank top.

I cut the front and back in size 10 and made ribbing strips 2" by 18" for the neckline and by 12" for the arms.

The neckband could have been a bit longer, but the arm openings worked nicely.  I knew using a 2" width would result in very narrow ribbing, but that also seemed Right™ for his project.

I folded and stitched the hem by using the magnetic seam gauge, no ironing (of course.)

Stitched twice to mimic a coverstitch.

The only concern I had about print placement was to make sure the rose at the neckline seemed right-side-up; everything else was subject to "just make it fit" on the fabric.  I still have enough of this fabric left that I can probably eke something else out of it, especially if I mix it with another fabric.  It did land in the stash next to the purple sequin fabric, and those colors do coordinate well...


No comments:

Post a Comment