Sunday, September 19, 2021

More Impulse Patterns

 So, it's currently September of 2021, and all KwikSew website patterns are $2 each and buy five, get up to five more free...which...certainly gives the impression that KwikSew may be going away, or possibly be getting a massive overhaul, but nothing has been announced, so maybe not.

That didn't stop me from kinda sorta panic buying a stack of KwikSew patterns that arrived today (plus one on-sale Vogue that I'd been eying since it was released, during the time when I have not been too keen to go to JoAnn very often, because of...y'know...vectors people.)

 

 Individuals below


 When I picked K3584, I had no idea how popular it was...so I especially didn't know that the view I liked was not the popular view.  Yes, I like View A, whereas the rest of the sewing world seems to like View B.  I wonder if the attitude is changing, though, as higher waists creep back into trendiness? I know my preference for View A comes from my early 1990s skorts wearing history, so "trends" are pretty far from my own reasons.


 And, look: another skort pattern! This time with the shorts part completely concealed as the skirt lining, something I had never been aware of until I recently thrifted (what I thought was) a skirt with that same feature.  The simple cardigan and tank top her also look useful.


An apron pattern...that can just maybe, with the correct fabric, pass as a jumper pattern? Maybe? Miiiighhht scoop that neckline out some, too, and shorten the bodice so the waist band is closer to waist level.  Might.

And another "Hmm, could that one view be used as a jumper?" apron pattern. Even if I had to wear a skirt under it, along with a shirt...which...yeah, I guess that's just an apron. But. I'm also shorter than these patterns are designed for, so it might be long enough on its own.  Might.


And then from "maybe a jumper?" we go all the way into "full-blown jumpsuit."  It's also getting into "I'm less likely to ever make it, but, hey, if I need it, I have it" territory.

And apparently I have a desire for a proper Western-style yoked shirt...which I'm not sure if this is, because the yokes are applied instead of structural, but I honestly have no idea if "proper" vintage Western shirt yokes are applied or not--I guess it makes sense for the extremely detailed yokes to be applied.  The yokes on this shirt are not extremely detailed (but there's nothing saying they couldn't be hacked into more complexity...hmmm...)

I sure do like coat patterns a lot for someone who lives in the US South, huh. I've been warming (heh) to the idea of patchwork quilted coats made from boxy coat patterns.  Yes, the horizontal seam on this coat doesn't exactly lend itself to that aesthetic, but...hacking.



Another coat pattern!  Just a coat! Completely ignoring that fake fur abomination vest view!  I like this coat because the zipper is installed asymmetrically like on moto jackets.


...speaking of moto jackets..  Yes, I already have this pattern.  I've even used it!  I decided to  grab another copy for...uh...archival purposes.


And the Vogue I'd been eying...? Also a moto jacket.  At this point I may be just collecting them.  The peplums really reminds me of a few jackets I had in high school, although these are nothing like those.  And now I'm wondering if I would have worn anything like a moto jacket as a teen...


I had ordered an additional KwikSew pattern, but it was out of stock by the time they fulfilled my order...so they gave me a refund, which was very nice, because they could have said "well, the sale is up to five free patterns, so the one you're losing is one of the free ones."  They also said I could re-order it when it was back in stock, so maybe KwikSew isn't going away after all (or that's boilerplate text used whenever a Something Delightful pattern goes out of stock before the order can be filled. Time will tell and all that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment