Monday, July 9, 2018

Force Shorts

This is another thing I made a while ago but hadn'r blogged--the only reason I'm doing it now is because I want to get the pattern of of my desk (it was only on my desk to remind me to blog it...)

Anyway.

I thrifted Butterick 5090 a while ago, thinking only of using the kid size coat to make something for the kiddo.  Who, it turns out, was already too large for the kid sizes included in the pattern.  I mean...that didn't actually stop me from using the smallest adult size as the base of a jacket for him.

A very nice person has sent me a lot of cloth, including a few bits intended for the kiddo, including about a yard of Clone Wars Prequel era Start Wars print.  The kiddo, though...well, yes, he knows and watches Star Wars stuff, but Star Wars is nothing special to him.  It's just...there.

So I decided I'd use that bit of cloth to eke out a pair of pajama shorts for me, using the pants pattern part of Butterick 5090, and here they are


Pockets!  They're big enough for the 3DS

And near pattern matching!  That was, if I remember correctly, unintentional, and, with how little cloth I had to work with, something I didn't even think was possible.

The cloth has a lot of printing flaws, but that's fine for pajamas.

The accidental near pattern matching continued on the back, too.  So...uh...yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment