Saturday, April 5, 2014

Another dress for my own dolls

Sooo, I picked up a 2 2/3 yard X 18" (cut) piece of very polyestery plaid cloth for 99¢ in Goodwill a few days ago:

 It's a fairly large pattern, but that didn't keep me from making this Barbie dress


It didn't give me too much trouble--the base pattern I used for this isn't as refined as some of my other patterns, but the weirdness that happened was easy enough to work around.  I also made the necklace, with most of the hassle of that coming from the fact that I couldn't find my really fine needle (and was too lazy to get the wire bead needles), so a quarter of the beads wouldn't fit over the eye of the needle.  Unfortunately, the stockings (which I didn't make) are aggressive stain creators, and having them on her for only a few hours has resulted in now having her over a lamp with benxoyl peroxide on her legs to get rid of those brand new stains.  (Her vintage stains didn't bother me...)

Now, to make other stuff from this cloth, destined for Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment