Friday, March 28, 2014

Sewed some stuff for my own doll

I've been working through that stack of 4" calico squares I thrifted last month, mostly making Blythe dresses (because, at the moment, I feel like mixing prints is more a Blythe thing than a Monster High thing, but you know that attitude can change.)  But when I got to this set of prints I'd decided coordinated, it felt more like they should go into a shirt for slightly larger dolls.  And then I needed to make a skirt to go with that...


 (I made the socks, too, a few years ago.)  Happy with how it worked out!  I used the shirt pattern I made to share for Barbie size*; by making the seam allowances smaller, it fits this female action figure body very well.  I eyeballed where the darts are, without using a doll for reference, so they're...off.  That's OK, I'll keep the imperfect stuff for my own dolls, no problem. *virtuous*

*This shirt pattern, in fact, formatted to be printed on letter-size paper; you'll know if it printed at the right size if the 1" and 1cm lines are the right size.  I put rambling directions on Flickr.


No comments:

Post a Comment