Tuesday, May 16, 2023

A few stitches

Part of the process of clearing out things does include finally using some of them, so I took the time to cut the needed length, stitch the corners, then staple the edges of this hibiscus print Mexican oilcloth (brought in the friend's relative's destash in 2019) onto our decrepit kitchen table...which I do want to rehab, along with the chairs, because, to me, this kind of turned maple wood design is Quintessential Dining Table & Chairs


Does the oilcloth match the style of the table and chairs? Does it matter? It's waterproof (so maybe I can convince Husband he no longer needs to use that old mouse pad as a drink coaster), it's stapled in place so it won't slide around, it covers the poor condition of the table top, and it's a lot of fun to look at. 

And I'm trying not to let it convince me to strip and re-stain the chairs with blue or purple...

No comments:

Post a Comment