Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Destashing

A few months ago, a few people came over to Do Doll Things, and one of them had been organizing and had a car load of fabric (and craft books) for everyone else to pick from--anything left was getting donated on the way home.

The same people are coming over again this weekend, and I've taken it as an opportunity to sort out some cloth that I've haphazardly acquired (mostly via thrift grab bags) that I know I will not use.  No, not even as hypothetical sewing for other people.  I will freely offer this cloth, and then the rest will be donated.

Please note that all those 'bed-in-a-bag' bags were originally the containers for the thrift cloth grab bags.  And there is good stuff in there!  It's just not me. (and the cardboard box on the left is full of patterns to give away.)

And I have a lot of cloth left.  A lot.  The main difference is that it now all fits into the allotted storage spaces.



Yeah that's not pretty, but it's still way better than it was.


The bits inside the table are mostly intended for larger projects, like curtains and patchwork blanket tops, although there are also lengths that currently have no clear use (including some of the cloth chosen by the kiddo for potential Obnoxious Shirts, which he may or may not be interested in any longer.) The suitcase cloth is largely bits that have been sent to me for doll use, as well as cloth from the doll person's destash, and, yes, thrift store grab bag cloth.  I really do have the (possibly deluded) idea that I can sew through enough of this that I can put away the suitcase and work the last bits of this cloth into the dresser that holds the doll cloth I've (mostly) acquired intentionally


Yeah, it's full.  And the box on the left, with the three round stickers, is full of fancy embroidered interior dec samples and vintage handkerchiefs, because, y'know.  Sewing.

Still, it's a nice feeling to be approaching the end of my "three months of no buying cloth or dolls" experiment and be...eliminating cloth...?

Now, to work on using what I do have.

No comments:

Post a Comment