Thursday, June 28, 2018

Skirt...just...skirt

I have body image issues, and they've kept me from trying to make things that fit properly.  I'm trying, though.  I used some cloth that was in one of the thrift fabric grab bags (which apparently are things I absolutely cannot resist, so I really should start using the cloth from them...) and a thrifted New Look pattern...which I haven't taken a picture of?  Huh.  It's New Look 6843, and it doesn't quite go large enough, so I added extra width, mainly by cutting the back on the fold but leaving the seam allowance in.  The zipper got moved to the side, but, if I do this again, I'll probably leave the zipper in a back seam and add pockets.  Pockets are nice.

I made it a month ago and apparently was so disillusioned with the size that this was the only picture I took.  It has a nice vintage metal zipper, jeans gold topstitching, ribbon faced waistband, and some edelweiss print bias tape facing the hem.

Whether or not it fits seems to depend on if I've recently eaten or not--I'd've thought that making it a bit too large like that would've made me feel better, but...nope.  Ah, well, at least I finally remembered to blog it.

I was going to make another skirt today, using a thrifted pattern from 1978 in the measurements-say-correct size, buuuut, when I took everything out of the envelope, oh, hey, the only parts of the skirt pattern there were the bits cut off of the longer length.  So that killed my enthusiasm, at least for a while.  I'm going to look through my patterns again...oh, and I need to get the cloth the kiddo picked out of the dryer, so I can get one step closer to making that stuff, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment