Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Simple little zip bag

Me being me, it got more complicated the more I worked on it, but it's not the level of refined complexity I see on some of the blogs I follow.



It's roughly 9"x5.25"x1", made from the two coordinating bird prints given to me by CheshireTiffy, and the softly splotchy pink and purple was in one of the cloth assortments I thrifted in recent years, plus one of a gazillion yellow zippers from the enormous package of yellow zippers Mom bought somewhere around 1980 (there are 19 left.)  There's iron-on medium weight nonwoven interfacing on the back of the pink strip on the outside and a sturdy nonwoven behind the pocket, too.  No pattern involved, of course. (See: me making things harder than they should be.)  There wasn't much more of the bird prints than seen here, so I'm happy with that tiny bit of pattern matching in the first picture (as unnoticeable subtle as it is.)

Making this was really just an exercise in using the bird prints, so I'm not sure what I'll do with it--it's very likely it'll end up as a teacher gift next school year...

I tried to get all of the cat hair off for the pictures, but I can see that I missed a few.  Things like this don't help.

No comments:

Post a Comment