Friday, March 1, 2019

Checkered/Past In Action!

...sorta

The kiddo wore the shirt in the last post to school yesterday.  I didn't think to ask him to model it for me, but I was walking around with the camera (trying to get cat photos, of course)  and realized he had his perpetual hoodie* slopped down off of one shoulder so a contrast shoulder triangle was visible on the shirt so I snapped some pictures.  They were all blurry, of course--combination of low light, my refusal to use the flash (on-camera flashes offend me aesthetically, OK), and the fact that he never really stops moving.

Still, it's a record that the shirt was worn

*It's interesting to read his reaction in that post, because he's pretty much never taken it off since then.  It has been repaired many times, including putting decorative patches over holes in the front from pins, buttons, and badges he wore on it, and then interfacing the back of the front pieces and then sewing on a more stable woven, to help support the flair weight.  Despite the way it looks in the photo, the sleeve length is still fine, but the waist is getting a bit short.  I've downloaded and printed the free kids' hoodie pattern from Lekala, as well as thrifted a commercial pattern in the right size (just found that a few days ago.)  He's said the green hoodie is his brand, though, so he will only accept a replacement in the same color.  We'll see what I can find.

Also, the hair is entirely his choice, no matter how often we suggest that shorter hair will be less prone to knots...

No comments:

Post a Comment