Sunday, September 2, 2018

Succumbing to the Cocoon Dress

Sorta.

I follow a lot of sewing blogs, and it seems like cocoon dresses are always popping up in those.  I get that the construction is novel and the appearance is interesting, but I can't even begin to imagine me wearing one.  This doesn't mean I won't, just...not now.

However...I do have this army of, y'know, fashion dolls...

So here we are


And, yes, I made a pattern to share!

I believe you should be able to right click and save, and the 1" and 1cm lines are included to double check that they print out at the correct size for those famous size fashion dolls--and this will fit all of the body variations available as of late 2018, too.  The dolls on the ends in the photo are both Curvies.

The multitude of arrows on the side front pattern piece are, if it's not obvious, because grain can be used creatively on that piece.

This version has the grain straight




This one had the side cut on the cross grain


This one's on the bias

 ...and this one uses the no-pocket front piece.
 The picture is taken from the side to show the curve of the back seam that they all have.

And now I have cocoon dresses out of my system!  Tiny cocoon dresses...









1 comment:

  1. OMG! I just got and I love your patterns. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete