Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Did I show you the doll shirt I made the other day?



Yeah, I do like to make rather loud print shirts for the dolly fellas.  They make me smile.  This cloth was in a big bag of fabric I got at Goodwill a few weeks ago, $9.99 for what ended up being around 40 yards of cloth, mostly half yard lengths, and an amazing proportion of it in doll-appropriate prints.  This is one of my favorites, and a Ken shirt was one of the first ideas I had for it.

Here's a full-length shot, to show off the jeans I made for him a year or so ago
I always say I'm going to make more doll jeans, but all the other ideas I have for other doll clothes--y'know, the ones using the new and exciting prints I find--seem to get in the way...

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, that is a nice print! Jens looks great in it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's a sort of...1960s Psychadelia interpreting the Arts & Crafts Movement in a Contemporary (1980s/early 90s) Country color scheme...print. I probably would have bought some of it if I'd seen it in the wild, so I was thrilled to find it in the grab bag! And, you know me--loud prints for all the dolls...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that's a great catchphrase - 'loud prints for all the dolls!' But 'loud' is really only one delightful subset of your fearless approach to prints. I'd kind of class this one as among your 'folkloric florals' - sorta. But I like your description of it better! *grin*

    ReplyDelete