Monday, May 20, 2024

North Sink Window Curtain

Finally, the last curtain for this project!  I had not made any plans at all for this window, because I knew I'd be dealing with scraps at this point.

I had initially thought I'd have a few inches of the brown and brown plaid left, but I did not.

I had initially thought maybe I'd have enough of the large floral--in the form of the fabric cut to form the arches on the door curtains--to make another curved valance for this window.  I did not.

I finally went with a simple short panel, gathered onto the curtain rod.  The length was determined by pieces of the large floral, which I had to piece to get enough width to gather nicely, and that width was determined by what was left of the sheet lining fabric.

 

I sewed the floral to the lining, right sides together and leaving an opening to turn, then stitched all around the edges (which is how I closed the turning opening), then pieced rejected poplin strips that hadn't worked for rod pockets on other parts of this project and sewed that on and the whole project was done.


I know I will only like them more as I start to forget how annoying they were to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment