Saturday, September 28, 2019

Another Quick Pillowcase

Not as quick as the last quick pillowcase, because this one involved a zipper.  A zipper isn't an issue, but there was an unexpected obstacle

 Can you see the problem?

Maybe a different angle will help



 It is surprisingly challenging to sew things when there is a cat where the sewn parts should go.


She did eventually move and things flowed more smoothly, and the whole thing went together a lot easier than I had expected, because, to no-one's surprise, I didn't measure anything, just compared and ripped.  Things weren't perfect, but they were close enough.

And I decided to serge the seam allowances, even though they probably will never be seen again.
 Call it peace of mind.

I had thought that piping would look nice, but I did not have enough of any one color for this, and by the time I had figured that out, I had already spent more time than I wanted preparing to sew, so making piping was not even considered.  That did mean I could easily put the zipper in the edge like this, instead of centering it in the side panel to avoid bulk.

The only reason I decided to make this was because there was a stray pillow, so might as well use it.

 I was lazy and didn't trim any of the seam allowance inside the corners, so I'm frankly surprised by how sharp they ended up.  I might stuff them with fiberfill to help maintain their shape.

Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment