Sunday, November 22, 2020

Quick vest, quick write-up

 Basically

New Look 6514 from 2005

 


lied about not needing interfacing for view D 

The whole time, I was thinking "...shouldn't this have interfacing?  I feel like this should have interfacing.  But the pattern doesn't call for interfacing?  The other views, yes, but this view?  No.  I feel like this should ave interfacing.  But.  I'm going to trust the pattern."

I should not have trusted the pattern.

Or, rather, I should have trusted it more and included that tie and maybe even the potentially reinforcing trim.

But I didn't.

 

Oh, sure, it looks OK on the hanger.

but.

the opening edges are super floppy

because they're. not. interfaced.

I might open up the seams on the sides of the lining and maneuver some fusible interfacing into position, and/or find a trim to stitch all around the edges.  Still feeling ambivalent about the front tie, but the back tie is fine


...y'know, though...I do have some frogs in the stash...or maybe look again at the two-part belt closures...hmm.

Basically, I feel like it's worth trying to save because the wool (blend?--second-hand, so who knows) fabric is pretty nice.

So nice, in fact, that I used it immediately again for the next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment