Saturday, December 5, 2020

The Cat's Sweatpants

 ...which probably will be used as pajamas.  Anyway.  In the continuing effort to both use up remnants in the knits stash and to make clothes for the growing tween Child, I, for the first time, used the pants part of Kwik•Sew 1650 and the green knit left over from the last green hoodie I made for him...which was just a bit short of what was needed, so I called in a bit of that Halloween cat print interlock (turned 90° off grain) last seen in the horrible stew shirt and here we are


I used the size 14 cutting lines and cut out the green part of the left leg before attaching the strip of the cat print, with the plan being to cut out that side of the leg afterward.  Which worked out fine, but I ended up being closer to the end of the bobbin than I realized

That's all the farther I needed to sew, so...good.

The Floof ensured there was adequate genuine cat hair included in the project

I edge stitched the seam joining the cat print to the rest of the leg front, and managed to limit my top stitchiness to that alone.

I also omitted the pockets, because the kiddo has not yet discovered the usefulness of pockets (yeah, I know) and also so it might be easier to convince him they're pajama pants, since he's been living in pajama pants for most of this year (virtual school, whoo)

The strip of cats on the other side does help differentiate front from back, which means I probably will include the pockets if I make these again without the improvisation.

I'm...pretty sure the legs are the same length



No comments:

Post a Comment