Friday, September 20, 2024

Pillowcase Splat

I bought some splatter print fabric the last time I went to the craft thrift store, with the intent of making a button up shirt for the kiddo.  Alas, it was only 40" wide, so I could not finagle much of anything out of it, in regard to a shirt, and I really didn't want to try to juggle print mixing (weird, I know)

But. I was determined to make something from it, for the kiddo, and immediately.  One of his sarcastic thrifted pillow cases recently started tearing (flannelette how I despise you.  but, it was a weird cat print, so...)  I decided the splatter print would become a pillowcase, and so it did

 

A flat pillowcase does not make an interesting photo, but this is simply proof that I made something.

I left the dark green thread in the serger, and it ended up blending well with the print

As with my preferred approach to many clothing hems, I pressed the 4" deep pillowcase hem flat, before I sewed the pillow into a tube, then unfolded it to sew and folded it back to hem.

And now the kiddo has an intact alternate pillowcase and I have used some of the most-recently purchased fabric.

(I didn't use the full width, and that removed width has been added to the doll clothes fabric stash.)





No comments:

Post a Comment