Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Needle and Thread, but Not Exactly Sewing

 I did not start last year with the intention of making an average of ten posts to this blog per month, but, as the year got going, I realized that's what I was doing, so I eventually started making the effort to do just that.  And I did!

But.  To do that, I had to set dolls to the side for most of the year.  I did do some sporadic sewing, including getting a pattern ready to share, but I did very little customizing, and absolutely no rerooting.  Which is not exactly unusual, since I'm not generally in the mood for rerooting, but to achieve the unofficial sewing goals last year, I cast aside all thoughts of rerooting.

Since I'm not going to try to keep the sewing blog post average up this year, my mind is free to consider other projects...like, yes, rerooting.  I did three reroots in the last 10 days!

1980s Black Barbie head, rerooted with an unraveled commercial rib knit (this fabric--I've gotten a lot of use from it)

 

 A friend started repainting the face, and I finished it.

This head is from an anonymous Hong Kong clone baby doll, gift from another friend, and originally with terrible hair.  I rerooted it with aqua saran sent by yet another doll friend.  Group projects!

And the third is a Betty Teen head (a low quality clone-type doll with a bit of cult popularity) that, yes, a friend gave me, rerooted with some hair cut off of a Shadow High doll...and...yes...another friend gave me that hair.  I painted over the eyebrow and lip color, so they'd coordinate better with the hair.

I think the Reroot Mood has passed for now, so I'll get back to regular sewing...sometime...  But I still have a box of dolls who've been waiting for reroots for a very long time, and I'd like to get more of those done before another two years go by.



No comments:

Post a Comment