Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Little Shorts

 I have spent the last few days working on a doll pattern...that I'd originally started nearly a year ago, then...kinda...did other things instead.

I present: Three Variations on Little Barbie Shorts


Curvy, High Waist Original, and Original

I register my usual grumble about how that body was created in 2016 and is most definitely not original.  Which is what prompted me to try a pair made with High Waist Original on an actual first Barbie body

 

 along with another pair of High Waist Original on a slim waist early 2000s articulated Ken body (wearing a Mod Ken head and completely different hands.)  There's plenty of room for Barbie to tuck in the somewhat bulky shirt, while Ken doesn't have that luxury.  I don't think he minds. 

The non-high-waist Original shorts fit the Rainbow High/Shadow High body fairly well, too, although the waist becomes super high in that situation.


You should be able to right click and save the pattern and instructions, and there's a 1"/1cm scale to double check that the size prints correctly.

Suitable fabrics include quilting cotton, chambray, pinwale/baby corduroy, lightweight denim, and any similar sturdy, but still doll scale, woven fabrics

In the first photo, the Curvy doll on the left is wearing the shorts over my Curvy Bodysuit pattern, which can be found here https://sewiam.blogspot.com/2018/07/the-doll-pattern-ive-shared-so-far.html , and the Original on the right is wearing Blouse with Front Variations, included here https://sewiam.blogspot.com/2020/07/doll-clothes-pattern-roundup-part-2.html .  I don't have any coherent wardrobe building plans in mind whenever I decide something should be a pattern I share, so it's nice when they do turn out to work together.





No comments:

Post a Comment