Sunday, October 9, 2022

Once Again, to the Re-use Store

 I was very good, after dropping off the many many bags of mostly fabric to donate to the creative re-use thrift store, at not choosing a comparable amount of fabric to bring back home.

I got: 1¼ yard of black tubular rib knit that at least feels cottony; 1¼ yard 44" minty(?) green cotton; 2 3/8 yards 45" ivory that I'm now doubting is pure cotton.  Edit: Did a burn test on the ivory, it very thoroughly melted.  So.  And, since I had the candle lit, I went ahead and did a burn test on the green, and it...skeletonized?  Does it contain silk??

I was hoping to get some solid cottons in good weights for shirts, and the heavy ribbing was a nice additional find.

This place usually has a little box of vinyl samples, and I found several that should be good for doll purses.  Someday.

The red one is technically not vinyl--the plastic layer is polyurethane instead of PVC. I just thought that was neat.

I also grabbed a small package of aida cloth remnants, for whenever I finally try punch embroidery.

The bulk of my purchase, however, were 10¢ patterns.  So many 10¢ patterns.

32 of them, and I didn't second-guess any, so there are some that I got home and wondered what flash of potential I had seen that made me put it in the basket.  I may have been just trying to get away from the person who reeked of cigarettes. (And that was being smelled through my mask, too.) (Also glad I waited to go to this store after I got the latest covid booster, because there was a sale today that brought more people into the store at once than had been in the store combined with my previous visits.  My friend and I were the only ones wearing masks.)

Or I may have just been thinking "10¢, why not."  The store has older patterns for $1 each, which is still a good price, but...compared to 10¢ each, I just didn't have any interest in those.

Here they are, presented without comment
































 


No comments:

Post a Comment