Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Husband Shorts

Every once in a while, I try sewing some loungewear for Husband.  Since I had so much of that thick green french terry left, I offered to sew some pants for him; he requested shorts instead.

No problem!  New Look 6766 it is again...just...truncated.

Main issue: I measured his waist but not his hips, because I am so used to sewing things for the noodle-shaped child that I forgot that's not how people who aren't me are shaped.  Soooo, I cut them a size too small, but letting out the front and back seams has helped.  I could probably let out the side seams a bit, too, but I'm not sure about the pockets.

I lined them, incidentally, with lining fabric, because I didn't have enough of the athletic jersey net stuff left for pockets in adult size, but there's no way I'm making these pockets from a knit by just pressing the edges.

I also made the hems really deep, because I didn't want to deal with trying to trim them evenly and then re-stitching the ends of the seams so they wouldn't unravel.


It really didn't help that this fabric is so thick that it gets weird to work with. (and also, by this point, I have worked with it enough to feel all the polyester in it.)

...and I have enough of it left that I'll probably make a skirt for me, just to use it up so I never have to deal with it again...

No comments:

Post a Comment