Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Green Pants

 Continuing to use New Look 6766 and mill end precuts from Walmart to make pants for the kiddo, I made these

This particular mill end is the heaviest french terry I have ever encountered.  These pants weigh almost a pound and a half.

Will this heaviness correspond to durability?  Time will tell!  He's wearing them today, and they're a bit long (not as long as the previous pair), so there's room to grow.

I used the back of the fabric for texture contrast at the waistband, pockets, and cuffs

I also very quickly discovered that the extreme thickness of this fabric rendered it unsuitable for serging, so there are no neatly-finished edges inside.  It was easy enough to put the serger's lower blade back in place after the thick fabric shoved it out of alignment...

Dealing with all that thickness is also why I only stitched once next to the waistband and cuffs--I did not relish the idea of coaxing that much fabric under the presser foot twice for each area.

I again lined the pockets with sports mesh jersey, just to make the turned edges easier to deal with.

And that's another pair of child pants!


No comments:

Post a Comment