Thursday, January 27, 2022

Quick Plaid Print Skirt

 When I was considering my options for that printed glen plaid, my first thought had been a bias-cut A-line skirt, but the test fit shorts won.

However!

There was enough left for a bias-cut A-line skirt, as long as I didn't worry about pattern matching.


The funny thing is that the cuts in the fabric clearly indicated that it had been used to make a bias-cut A-line skirt already...just...not by me.  It's always interesting to see evidence of other people's projects in thrifted/second-hand cloth.

I wish the print were as cool toned as it looks in these photos.

This is New Look 6843 again, in the shorter gentle A-line view.

And, like I said, zero pattern matching.

No attempt (or ability, given yardage limitations) to keep the ever so subtle one way print running in the same direction on every piece, either

You know the refrain by now: no-one's going to get close enough to notice.

I didn't line this one, nor did I choose a matching zipper.  I figured a lapped installation would hide it well enough.

I pressed the hem up 1½" with the Dritz Ezy Hem tool (actually waiting until the seams were all sewn this time) then did a blind hem.

This is a slightly weird fabric that my serger does not like, so things are a bit ragged on those edges that no-one will see.

No pattern matching at all, but it all blends int a soft gray from a distance, so it's fine.

And it's done!  This is such a quick pattern, especially when I omit the lining.  I know I'll sew more.


No comments:

Post a Comment